Way back in 1923, Bernardo Cantoni and Emilia Bormolini opened
a grocery shop that sold flour and bran and had an oven for
Deliveries were made normally during the summer but in
winter were done with the first snowmobile, invented and
built by the enterprising Mr. Cantoni himself, in 1941.
You can see a drawing of the snowmobile on the wall of today’s
In 1960, after years of hard work, the business was handed
down to the daughters, Armida and Rosanna; as the years
went by, a number of changes were made to suit the new demands
of the market.
Bread-making was discontinued and the first renovation started;
during the seventies and eighties the premises were enlarged
aand renovated again and a perfumes and cosmetics department
added on the first floor.
The last renovation was done in 1999 and the result is
elegant premises where discerning choices of decorative
material strike the right balance between décor and
the display of goods on sale.
And so the renovated shop was a great success, thanks to
the traditional enterprise handed down in the family and
continued with charm and friendliness by Armida and Rosanna,
who worked hard for many years.
In 2003, this tradition was renewed again and is now being
carried on by the grandchildren, Mirco and Nicoletta.